- 1 lemon, zested
- 160g caster sugar
- 160ml sour cream
- 160ml double cream
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 475g cream cheese
- 1 dsp caster sugar
- 140g digestive biscuits
- Fruit to finish
- Strong coffee or espresso
- 85g butter
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a saucepan over a gentle heat and then pour into a bowl containing the crushed biscuits.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Line a 23cm springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Spoon the biscuit mixture into the tin and press it down to form a firm, well packed base.
- Leave it in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl to soften it and then add half the sugar and the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream, double cream, the remaining sugar, and the vanilla extract together and then whisk until it forms firm peaks.
- You should be able to turn the bowl over your head and the mixture be firm enough to stay put.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the cream and then pour it all onto the chilled biscuit base.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- You can top it with fruit.
- We used fresh strawberries mixed with a little bit of icing sugar to bring out their sweetness.
Best Nice Deals Team
Ingredients 1 1/2 cup Uncooked rotini pasta (Spirals) 1 lb. Beef round tip steak, cut 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick Vegetable cooking spray 2 Cloves garlic, crushed 1/2 tsp Salt 1/8 tsp. Pepper (or 1/4 tsp.) 1 Tbs Water 2 cup Frozen cut green beans about 8 ounces 1/2 cup Jarred brown beef gravy Preparation Method: Cook...
Ingredients 1 Ready to bake pizza crust 10 md Shrimp shelled & deveined 1 Red bell pepper seeded & cut into thin strips 10 Broccoli florets 10 Cherry tomatoes 6 oz Sorrento/precious mozzarella cheese, chopped 8 Black or green olives 1 tsp Olive oil 1/4 cup Finely chopped sundried Sonoma tomatoes Preparation Method: Steam broccoli...