- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup margarine melted
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm milk, water, sugar and salt. Remove from heat, and mix in the eggs and yeast.
- Measure flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the flour and pour milk mixture into it. Do not stir. Cover with a lid and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour melted margarine into flour and mix well. Add more flour if it's too sticky. Knead lightly. Cover, and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into rolls, and place on a baking sheet. Let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake rolls in a preheated 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) oven for 15 minutes, or until done.
Pasta with Salami and Peas "Many call for cooking pasta directly in milk, a technique that works okay, but it can lead to scorching if you're not super careful with stirring. I prefer the evaporated-milk route because it ensures a clean pan with no burnt bits on the bottom."J. Kenji Lopez-Alt No ratings yet Print...
Master Pizza Dough "To be honest with you, I still eat whatever I want. It's all about portion control. I still love pizza, but instead of eating half, I eat a slice."Bill Engvall No ratings yet Print Recipe Prep Time 10 minutes minsAdditional Time 1 hour hr 10 minutes minsTotal Time 1 hour hr 20...