- 1 cup warm water 100 degrees F/40 degrees C
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 0.25 ounce package active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup butter melted
- 8 ounce package sliced pepperoni
- Stir together 1 cup warm water and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Sprinkle yeast over water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture, beaten eggs, and melted butter until dough comes together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Place dough into a greased bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a light cloth; let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Punch down dough; divide into 20 equal pieces about the size of a golf ball. Using your hands, flatten each piece into a small rectangle, about 4 inches square.
- Place 3 overlapping slices of pepperoni down the center of each dough square. Place another row of 3 pepperoni slices next to the first. Roll dough around pepperoni, pinch the edges closed, and place rolls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until bottoms are lightly browned and tops are barely golden, 14 to 16 minutes.
Pasta with Peanut Sauce "I'll pretty much eat anything that doesn't have sugar in it. And I'll eat carbs, believe me – I eat tons of pasta! In the morning I eat these low-carb, sugar-free breakfast bars, and for lunch I usually do a chopped salad, and I like natural sugars like fruit."Beth Ostrosky Stern...
Jay’s Signature Pizza Crust "Just being aware of what you are about to do greatly diminishes the tendency to do what you don't want to. You will pull your hand back from that pizza slice, tell the waitress that you are passing on dessert, put on your gym shoes instead of going under the comforter,...