No Butter Ginger Cake
- 1 carton drinking chocolate
- 5 balls stem ginger finely chopped (this comes in a jar with syrup)
- A small drizzle of ginger syrup
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 cartons self-rising flour
- 2 cartons of caster sugar
- 1 carton of sunflower oil
- 175g carton plain yoghurt (the measurements for the rest of the cake are measured using the empty yoghurt carton)
- Grease and line a 7-inch round cake tin.
- Pre heat oven to 170°C/Gas mark 3.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and beat together, pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin, and bake in the middle of oven for approximately 1 hour 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean from the middle.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, turn the cake out onto a wire rack, then brush the top of the cake with some ginger syrup from the jar.
- Set aside until cold.
Ingredients 1 tsp baking powder150g sugar180g plain flour1/2 tsp salt1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda20g sweetened desiccated coconut1/8 tsp ground nutmeg1 tsp vanilla extract3 large eggs2 tsp lemon juice135g brown sugar60g unsalted butter5-6 slices tinned or fresh pineapple rings Preparation Method: Preheat the oven to 175°C.Place a 9-inch ovenproof pan on a burner on medium heat.Melt...