Clothes Pin Cookies
Clothes Pin Cookies
- 1 pound butter softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ¼ cups ice water
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups shortening
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix 1/4 pound of the butter with 3 cups of flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, egg yolks, and water. (Done like making pie dough with a pastry blender.)
- Chill for 1 hour then roll out like pie dough on a floured pastry sheet. Spread another 1/4 pound of the butter over the dough. Fold dough together and refrigerate for 1 hour. Repeat this procedure until all the butter is used.
- Cut dough into fourths. Wrap each quarter in plastic wrap. Chill.
- Take out one quarter at a time and allow to stand at room temperature long enough that it softens enough that the dough can be rolled.
- Roll dough out on floured pastry sheet/ board. Cut dough into 1/2-inch-wide X 4-5-inch-long strips. Wrap around clothes pins or dowel pins pinching ends.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned. Slide off sticks while still very warm and then cool completely.
- To Make Filling: In a saucepan over medium heat, cook 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup flour until thick stirring constantly. Let cool.
- Cream together shortening, confectioners' sugar, marshmallow cream, and vanilla. Add cooked mixture to creamed mixture and beat till fluffy. Fill cooled pastry curls with filling.
Voodoo Pasta "Given that southern Italian pasta-making doesn't incorporate the richness of egg yolks like they do in the north, even the basic hero of Italian cuisine – pasta – is vegan."Melissa Leong No ratings yet Print Recipe Prep Time 10 minutes minsCook Time 20 minutes minsTotal Time 30 minutes mins Course Main Course, Side...
Veggie Pizza "The food and drink that goes along with football is one of the best things: hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and dips. At the stadium I would probably get nachos, but when I'm at home we order pizza a lot."Marisa Miller No ratings yet Print Recipe Prep Time 25 minutes minsCook Time 10 minutes minsAdditional...