- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum Optional
- Place chocolate in a medium mixing bowl.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for even a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot.
- As soon as the cream comes to a boil, pour it over the chocolate in the mixing bowl. Whisk until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth, then stir in rum.
- To use ganache as a cake glaze, cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes. Start pouring glaze at the center of the cake and work outward.
- For a fluffy frosting or chocolate filling, allow it to cool until thick (up to 1 hour in the refrigerator), and then whip until light and fluffy. Apply it with a spatula like conventional frosting.
Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza "To be honest with you, I still eat whatever I want. It's all about portion control. I still love pizza, but instead of eating half, I eat a slice."Bill Engvall No ratings yet Print Recipe Prep Time 10 minutes minsCook Time 15 minutes minsTotal Time 25 minutes mins Course Main...
Super Summer Kale Salad "While I pride myself on trying to be creative in all areas of my life, I have occasionally gone overboard, like the time I decided to bring to a party a salad that I constructed, on a huge rattan platter, to look like a miniature scale model of the Gardens of...