Chocolate Flan Cake
Chocolate Flan Cake
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ cup SMUCKER’S® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 15.25 ounce package devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 14 ounce can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12 ounce can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 12-cup fluted tube pan with nonstick spray. Place a piece of rolled-up foil into the tube part of the pan to prevent cake from spilling over the top. Pour caramel topping into the prepared pan.
- Beat cake mix, water, 3 eggs, and vegetable oil together in a large bowl until well combined; pour evenly over caramel topping.
- Combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, 4 eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla in a blender. Process until smooth; pour slowly over cake batter. While baking, the cake will rise, and the milk mixture will go to the bottom.
- Coat a piece of foil with nonstick spray. Cover the pan tightly with foil, coated side down. Place the pan in a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the roasting pan to a depth of 2 inches.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs on it, about 2 hours.
- Place cake on a cooling rack; cool for 15 minutes. Remove foil and invert onto a serving plate. Cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Jay’s Signature Pizza Crust "Just being aware of what you are about to do greatly diminishes the tendency to do what you don't want to. You will pull your hand back from that pizza slice, tell the waitress that you are passing on dessert, put on your gym shoes instead of going under the comforter,...
Seven Layer Salad "My personality, when tasked with creating meals, goes something like this: Is there a way we can make this more difficult? Because let's do that. I don't mean to complicate things. It's just – why buy pre-packaged potato salad when you can spend your morning boiling potatoes and flipping out because there's...