- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- ½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ pound cooked crab meat drained of excess liquid and shredded
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 5 sheets nori dry seaweed
- 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ cup red caviar such as tobiko
- 1 English cucumber seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled ginger for garnish
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or to taste
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- Wrap a sushi rolling mat completely in plastic wrap and set aside.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer rice to a bowl and cut in vinegar using a rice paddle or wooden spoon. Season with sugar and salt. Allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Combine crab meat with mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Place nori sheet on a flat work surface. Spread a thin layer of rice on top of nori. Place nori, rice side down, on the prepared rolling mat. Place 2 to 3 avocado slices on top of the nori in one layer. Top with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the crab mixture. Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons tobiko lengthwise on one side of the avocado-crab mixture, and 2 cucumber strips on the other side. Using the mat as a guide, carefully roll the California roll into a tight log. Remove the rolling mat. Top roll with more tobiko, cover with plastic wrap, and gently press the tobiko into the top of the roll. Remove the plastic and cut roll into 6 even pieces using a wet knife.
- Repeat with remaining sheets of nori and filling. Serve garnished with pickled ginger, soy sauce, and wasabi paste
Pesto Pasta "I improved my died by dropping a lot of carbohydrates like bread, rice and pasta and now I'm eating a lot more fruits and vegetables."Wade Barrett No ratings yet Prep Time 5 minsCook Time 10 minsTotal Time 15 mins Course Main Course, Side DishCuisine Italian Servings 8Calories 225 kcal Ingredients 1x2x3x16 ounce package pasta2 tablespoons olive oil½ cup chopped...
Chocolate Zucchini Cake "Like everyone, there are times when I just don't feel like exercising. When that happens, I'm a bit more careful with my diet. But on days I really want a treat, like chocolate, I work out a little harder. I don't believe in beating myself up for not being 'good.'"Judy Reyes No...