Banana Walnut Bread
Banana Walnut Bread
- 200 g caster sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas peeled, and mashed with a fork
- 50 g toasted walnut pieces chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature, plus more for
- preparing the tin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 150 g plain flour
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt into a medium bowl, set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla together in a liquid measuring cup with a spout, set aside.
- Lightly brush a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf tin with butter. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with an electric hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter while mixing until incorporated.
- Add the bananas (the mixture will appear to be curdled, so don’t worry), and remove the bowl from the mixer.
- With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts and transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Turn the bread out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack.
- Wrap in cling film. Banana bread is best if served the next day.
Ingredients 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil4 tsp Shallots, diced4 tsp Garlic, minced1 cup Medium-sized mushrooms sliced1 cup Oyster mushrooms, stemmed1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced small12 oz Fresh spinach, washed and stemmed1/2 cup White wine1 cup Vegetable brothSalt & pepper to taste24 oz Angel hair pasta, cooked Preparation Method: Heat olive oil in a small skill...
Ingredients ½ Cup unsalted butter2 1/3 C confectioner’s sugar½ C cocoa1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla The filling of: Pecan.Walnuts.Whole almonds.After-dinner mints. Coatings: Coconut.Crushed nuts.Confectioners’ sugar. Preparation Method: Bring the unsalted butter, then put it in a stainless-steel container or any container that conducts heat, and it should be non-glass.Bring a liter...