Banana Walnut Bread
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled, and mashed with a fork
- 50g toasted walnut pieces, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for preparing the tin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 150g plain flour
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt into a medium bowl, set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla together in a liquid measuring cup with a spout, set aside. Lightly brush a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf tin with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with an electric hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter while mixing until incorporated.
- Add the bananas and the mixture will appear to be curdled, so don’t worry, and remove the bowl from the mixer.
- With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts and transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Turn the bread out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack.
- Wrap in cling film.
- Banana bread is best if served the next day.
Best Nice Deals Team
Ingredients 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil 4 tsp Shallots, diced 4 tsp Garlic, minced 1 cup Medium-sized mushrooms sliced 1 cup Oyster mushrooms, stemmed 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced small 12 oz Fresh spinach, washed and stemmed 1/2 cup White wine 1 cup Vegetable broth Salt & pepper to taste 24 oz Angel hair pasta,...
Ingredients 2 1/4 cup Bread flour 1 tsp Salt 1 1/2 tsp Vegetable oil 3/4 cup Water Toppings 2/3 cup Pizza sauce (10 oz) 2 cup Mozzarella cheese (8 oz) Garnishes of your choice 1 tsp Dry yeast Preparation Method: Place the first 3 ingredients inside the bread pan. Add water. Close the cover and...