Apple Fritter Doughnuts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon1 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Toss the grated apple with the lemon zest, juice, and the cinnamon and let sit for a few minutes (to soften the apple).
- Whisk the sour cream, 1/2 cup of sugar and egg yolks to blend.
- Stir in the grated apple (including any juices). In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir this into the sour cream mixture until blended, then stir in the melted butter.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy then add 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue whipping until they hold a soft peak.
- Fold the whites into the batter and use right away.
- Pour the oil into a tabletop deep fryer following manufacturer’s instructions (or into a large, deep pot so that it is only filled about 3 inches).
- Heat the oil to 350F (use a candy thermometer if cooking doughnuts in a pot).
- Have a baking tray lined with paper towel, with a cooling rack placed over it.
- Use a small ice cream scoop and carefully drop scoops of batter into the oil, making sure there is enough room between them to cook evenly. Cook the fritters for about 3 minutes on each side, then remove using a slotted spoon and let drain and cool for at least 10 minutes before dusting and enjoying.
- The fritters can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature on the day they are cooked.
Best Nice Deals Team
Ingredients 4 Each Fresh artichoke hearts.1 Tablespoon Wine vinegar.2 Cups Artichoke hearts, quartered.1 Teaspoon Louisiana spicy sauce.1 Each Small garlic clove.2 Teaspoons Salt.1 Teaspoon Lea & Perrins.3 Tablespoons Olive oil.1 Tablespoon Lemon juice. Preparation Method: In a wooden salad bowl, mash garlic and salt with a strong fork.Add fresh artichoke hearts, and mash with the...
Ingredients 1/4 C butter.1/2 C confectioner’s sugar.1 Teaspoon almond.Extract 1 egg yolk 8 oz.White chocolate is broken into small pieces.1 C chopped blanched almonds.Lightly toasted. Preparation Method: Melt chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over low heat,stirring constantly.Remove from heat. Add sugar, egg yolk andalmond extract.Beat with an electric mixer until...