Apple Cider Salad
- 2 packages gelatin powder — unflavored.
- 2 cups apple cider.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2 cups apples — diced.
- 1/4 cup black walnuts — chopped..
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
- Cooking oil.
- Lettuce leaves — for decoration.
- Put 1/2 cup cold water into a small bowl.
- Sprinkle two envelopes (2 tablespoons) of unflavored gelatin on water.
- Let stand 5- 10 minutes to soften.
- Heat 2 cups apple cider until very hot; add salt.
- Remove from heat and immediately add softened gelatin.
- Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Have a 1 quart mold lightly greased with cooking oil.
- Do not use olive oil.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of gelatin mixture into mold and place in refrigerator.
- Chill remaining mixture until slightly thicker than consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Just before large bowl of gelatin is desired consistency, dice apples and chop walnuts and parsley.
- Add this to the gelatin and place into the mold which already has thin bottom layer of gelatin.
- Chill until set.
- Unmold onto serving plate which has been decorated with lettuce leaves; curly endive is a good choice.
- For protecting your fingers and to slice vegetables more faster, use any of our Kitchen slicers.
- Washing, rinse and draining vegetables try our Colanders.
Best Nice Deals Team
Ingredients 1/4 C butter. 1/2 C confectioner’s sugar. 1 Teaspoon almond. Extract 1 egg yolk 8 oz. White chocolate broken into small pieces. 1 C chopped blanched almonds. Lightly toasted. Preparation Method: Melt chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add sugar, egg yolk...
Ingredients 3/4 cups flour. 1/4 t. salt. 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate. 1/2 c. margarine or butter. 2 eggs. 1 cup sugar. 1 t. vanilla. 1 ripe banana, well mashed. 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. 1/2 cup broken walnut meats. Preparation Method: Preheat oven to 350 F, (325 for a glass pan). Combine flour and...